Dr. Joe Shrand is a psychiatrist who works with adults as well as children and adolescents. After a career in theater, he went to Medical School and is now Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and Addiction Medicine.
Joe is an Instructor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, Chief Medical Officer at Riverside Community Care in Dedham, Massachusetts, Founder and President of Drug Story Theater, as well as an author of several thought-provoking and innovative books, including “Outsmarting Anger“, a valuable resource with seven innovative, yet remarkably uncomplicated, strategies to help turn powerful anger impulses into positive, success-oriented actions.
On this episode, we discuss a range of topics related to anger management and respect, including:
– What motivated Joe to transition from theater to medicine?
– The mission and activities of the non-profit Joe founded, Drug Story Theater.
– The roots of our anger reflex and Joe’s innovative book “Outsmarting Anger”
– How to quickly get control of your anger
– Using respect to counteract anger